Sunday, December 9, 2012

How to Organize Your Boards on Pintrest


 
 
 
 
I was trolling through my pinterest page the other day, looking for a recipe for Christmas cookies, and I couldn’t find any. I know I’ve pinned some in the past but I couldn’t remember if it was under my food board, my holiday board, or in some other random spot. My boards were so disorganized it was starting to bug me. I had money origami mixed in with my desert page. Then comes the question about deserts, would pistachio pudding be a desert or just a side dish, who knows what board I’d put it in. I definitely would forget by the time needed to find the recipe.

After looking to others for example I came up with some tips, and even organized my own page. Here’s a list of what I found:

1: Start by splitting things into broad categories like: food, crafts, fashion ext. and alphabetize them on your board page.

2: Then split your broad categories into more specific ones. For example fashion could be split into clothes, jewelry, makeup, and nails. How you break it down is up to you.

3: Keep the broad headings in the beginning of the board name, then add the specifics. For example my food boards are labeled MyFoodIdeas: Appetizers, MyFoodIdeas: Cake, MyFoodIdeas: Desserts, and so on. Then alphabetize them first by broad category, and then by specific.

4. If you come across a pin that fits in two categories (like pistachio pudding) just pin it to both boards. Your search time will be eliminated and your mind will have more time to create.

For an example check out my pinterest page at: http://pinterest.com/s0244045/

No comments:

Post a Comment