Sunday, February 24, 2013

5 faves, healthy snacks that don't taste healthy



I love food, I'm not afraid to say it, but with a recent diet I'm trying to cut back. So as inspiration for me and you I've decided to make a list of the foods I've been munching on for the past few weeks.
There are so many simple substitutes for things I love. For example Pickles are my fave, but all that sodium adds up. A simple solution is to cut a cucumber in half, pour some vinegar over it and sprinkle with a little dill. Delicious and way better for you. Which brings me to the first item on my list...

1: cucumber, cream cheeses crackers. All you need are crackers (I prefer whole wheat), ff cream cheese, cucumbers, vinegar and dill. In that order pile em' up and it tastes great!

2: My favorite fruit, oranges. Just put a little light whipped cream on top and they make for a great cool dessert/snack.

3: Pepperoni bagels: this is probably the least healthy out off all the recipes but it's great! I know it sounds weird but you have to try it. Take a whole wheat bagel, toast it. then spread ff cream cheese on it and finally add some pepperoni. delish!

4: marshmallow fluff and nanners: The best sandwich ever is when you take peanut butter, marshmallow fluff and bananas (thanks Gwen for the spelling)  then put them all on bread. It's so so so good!

5: Last but definitely not least: soda cake!, I did an article on this in the past but here it is again, I can't get enough. You take normal cake mix and add diet soda. Cook by the normal instructions on the box and you have cake for half the calories no a third of the calories. Plus its light and fluffy can't get better than that!

If you have other healthy snacks Comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment